On May 6, Ono Academic College’s International Center for the Study of Ethiopian Jewry is co-sponsoring a special Jerusalem Day event that also remembers the Ethiopian Jews who perished along the way to Israel.
The program, entitled “The Journey to Jerusalem – Remembering Together Those We Lost Along the Way”, features personal testimony by survivors of the journey, words of memoriam, joint learning and a writing workshop.
- Minister MK Pnina Temano-Shata – Minister of Aliyah and Integration
- Yuvi Tashome – Social entrepreneur and Lecturer at Mendel Institute of Leadership
- Rabbi Sharon Shalom – Director of Ono’s International Center for the Study of Ethiopian Jewry
- David Mehart – Ethiopian survivor of the journey to Israel
- Martin Hershkovitz – Director of the “Creating Memory” non-profit organization
- Rabbi Benny Lau – Lecturer, author and founder of the Beit Midrash at Beit Morasha