- Professional Experience:
Director and member of the finance committee of a pension fund; director of private corporations; start-up entrepreneur, economic consultant.
Managed economic ventures (quarries); treasurer and economic manager of Kibbutz Shefayim; director of kibbutz companies; CEO and director of the economic and financial organizations; chairman of Council for Higher Education Certification Committee.
1978: PH.D. in business administration, Hebrew University of Jerusalem
1974: M.B.A. in business administration, Hebrew University of Jerusalem
1968: B.A. in economics and statistics, Hebrew University of Jerusalem
- Subjects Taught:
Financial management, selecting investment portfolios, financial management of companies in distress and under financial restructuring, financial forecasting and value estimation, practical management of international investment portfolios (trading room), guidance for simulations in the M.B.A. program.
- Research Interests:
Capital markets, corporate finance, behavioral economics, models for ranking risky alternatives, kibbutz economics.
1. Ben Horin, M and Y. Kroll (2014) "Valuation, Downside Risk Measures and Asymmetric Information: A Portfolio Optimization Approach" International Journal of Economics, Finance and management Science, Vol.2, No. 2, Forthcoming.
2. Edom S., R. Edur and Y. Kroll (2014) "Motives, Expectations and Results of the M&A Revolution in the Kibbutzim's' Industry." (Hebrew) The Economics Quarterly, Forthcoming.
3. Kroll Y. and D. Y. Aharon (2014) "Analytical Redefinition of DOL and Managerial Investment Decisions." Managerial Finance, Forthcoming.
4. Ben Horin M. and Y. Kroll (2013) "Performance Measurement of Portfolios and the Return to Investors." (Hebrew). The Accountant, December, 60-69.
5. Kroll Y. and S. Shoukair (2013) "The Factors for Dutch Disease in the Palestinian Economy." International Journal of Business & Economic Development 1, 75-93.