- Professional Experience:
Faculty member, Faculty of Management, Ben-Gurion University of the Negev; member of the editorial board for the international journals Food Journal, International Journal of Wine Business Research; scientific referee for articles in international journals including Food Quality and Preference, British Food Journal; faculty member of the School of Marketing, University of South Australia, Adelaide; lecturer in MBA programs in wine and spirits marketing at KEDGE Business School Bordeaux and HKU Space Hong Kong; member of the steering committee, Academy of Wine Business Research that holds scientific conferences in the field; manages international courses in Israel that are sponsored by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs; consultant to the food and chemical industries on the integration of quality management systems.
1995: Ph.D., in food science, Hebrew University of Jerusalem Rehovot.
1982: M.Sc., in food science, Hebrew University of Jerusalem Rehovot campus.
1976: B.Sc., in chemical engineering, food technology and biotechnology, Technion – Israel Institute of Technology.
- Subjects Taught:
Food science, food and beverage management, quality management, quantitative research methods.
- Research Interests:
Marketing and consumer preferences for food and beverages in different cultures; wine tourism; hospitality and tourism; food and beverage quality and safety management; shelf-life of food products.
1. Lockshin, L., Cohen, E. and Zhou, X. 2011. What influences five-star Beijing restaurants in making wine lists? Journal of Wine Research, 22(3), 227-243.
2. Fuchs, C. and Cohen, E. 1995. Analysis of Conformance to Standards in Multivariate Data. in: "Methods to Detect Adulteration of Fruit Beverages," (Nagy, S. and Wade, R.L. Eds.). Chap. 12, pp. 198-211. AgScience, Inc., Auburndale, FL.
3. Brown, M.B., Katz, B.P. and Cohen, E. 1988. Statistical Procedures for the Identification of Adulteration in Fruit Juices. in: "Adulteration of Fruit Juice Beverages," (Nagy, S., Attaway, J.A. and Rhodes, M.E. Eds.), Chapter 11, pp. 215-234, Marcel-Dekker, New York, NY.
4. Cohen, E. 1988. Israel: Evaluation of Fruit Juice Authenticity. in:"Adulteration of Fruit Juice Beverages," (Nagy, S., Attaway, J.A. and Rhodes, M.E. Eds.), Chapter 23, pp. 531-542, Marcel-Dekker, New York, NY.
5. Cohen, E. and Saguy, I. 1988. Spectral Characteristics of Citrus Products. in: "Modern Methods of Plant Analysis, Vol. 8: Analysis of Nonalcoholic Beverages" (Linskens, H.F. and Jackson, J.F. Eds.) pp. 69-79, Springer-Verlag, Berlin, Germany.