- Professional Experience:
Extensive academic experience in research and teaching; consultant to the pharmaceutical industry and advisor to advertising agencies specializing in health, as well as health -related startups and corporations.
Organizer and moderator of the eHealth Venture Summit and Innovation Award, MEDICA with Stefan Becker; CEO, co-founder, CureMyWay.
2005-2009: Postdoctoral, Princeton University, U.S.
2003: Ph.D., in psychology, Hebrew University of Jerusalem.
1996: M.A., in psychology and communications, Hebrew University of Jerusalem.
1987-1989: B.A., magna cum laude in psychology, Hebrew University of Jerusalem.
- Subjects Taught:
Consumer behavior, psychological aspects of medical decision-making
- Research Interests:
Dozens of scientific publications dealing with decision-making; medical decision-making of patients and doctors; consistency in taking medications; understanding medical information and making decisions about treatments; happiness and consumer behavior; evaluation of experiences and products
1. Grinshpun-Cohen, J., Miron-Shatz, T., Rhee-Morris, L., Briscoe, B., Pras, E., & Towner, D. (2015). A Priori Attitudes Predict Amniocentesis Uptake in Women of Advanced Maternal Age: A Pilot Study. Journal of health communication, 20(9), 1107-1113.
2. Grinshpun‐Cohen, J., Miron‐Shatz, T., Ries‐Levavi, L., & Pras, E. (2015). Factors that affect the decision to undergo amniocentesis in women with normal Down syndrome screening results: it is all about the age. Health Expectations, 18(6), 2306-2317. Impact factor: 2.852
3. Hanoch, Y., Miron‐Shatz, T., Rolison, J. J., Omer, Z., & Ozanne, E. (2015). Shared decision making in patients at risk of cancer: the role of domain and numeracy. Health Expectations, 18(6), 2799-2810.
4. Howe, R., Miron-Shatz, T., Hanoch, Y., Omer, Z. B., O’Donoghue, C., & Ozanne, E. M. (2015). Personalized Medicine Through SNP Testing for Breast Cancer Risk: Clinical Implementation. Journal of genetic counseling, 24(5), 744-751.
5. Konheim‐Kalkstein, Y. L., Whyte, R., Miron‐Shatz, T., & Stellmack, M. A. (2015). What are VBAC Women Seeking and Sharing? A Content Analysis of Online Discussion Boards. Birth, 42(3), 277-282.
6. Miron-Shatz, T., Bhargave, R., & Doniger, G. M. (2015). Milestone Age Affects the Role of Health and Emotions in Life Satisfaction: A Preliminary Inquiry. PloS one, 10(8), e0133254.