- Professional Experience:
Occupational therapist with extensive experience working with people with mental health disabilities in variety of organizations: hospitals, communities settings, privet companies (LTD). Has extensive experience as a consultant in the mental health services. Faculty member of the School of Mental Health Rehabilitation & Recovery, Ministry of Health & Ono Academic College. Teaching and supervising Supported employment service. Senior supervisor licensed by the Ministry of Health.
2015: Ph.D. in Occupational Therapy, Haifa University.
2000: M.Sc.OT. in Occupational Therapy, Tel-Aviv University.
1993: B.O.T. in Occupational THerapy, Haifa University.
- Subjects Taught:
Occupational therapy in mental health; Communication Skills for therapists; Problem based training (PBT); Promoting and branding Occupational Therapy; Personal process in becoming a therapist (fieldwork supervision); Dilemmas in rehabilitation and recovery (co-teaching with person with disability).
- Research Interests:
Communication skills, Training and supervision, tools development, professional identity, implantation of recovery values- wellbeing, victim of crime.
1. Katz, N ., Lavock-Gal, D., Katz, N., Pogach, D.(2016). 'When I grow up, I hope to influence just like you"- Legal and occupational assistance as means of minimizing crime victims’ secondary victimization and enhancing their wellbeing. "Hamishpat"- The law journal, The College of Management's Haim Stricks School of Law. (Hebrew).
2. Katz, N., & Hadas- Lidor, N. (2012). Coaching principles in mental health supervision – different point of view at the work of the occupational therapist in mental health rehabilitation. The Israeli Journal of Occupational Therapy. 21(3), 141-161 (Hebrew).
3. Katz, N., Oshri, M., Shpigler, Y., Abramovitch, O., & Broyer, N. (2012). "Just for myself"- ethical dilemmas mapping tool for occupational therapists. The Israeli Journal of Occupational Therapy. 21(3), 185H-199H (Hebrew).
4. Katz, N. (2010). Coaching as another tool in my rehabilitative toolbox: The road to rehabilitation recovery. The Israeli Journal of Occupational Therapy, 19(2), 124H -129H (Hebrew).
5. Katz, N. (2007). The difference between rehabilitation professionals and therapist – the way between talking on it to doing it. In: Hadas-Lidor, N., Lachman, M. (ed) Rehabilitation and Recovery in Mental Health, Litam Publication, Kfar yona, 49-60 (Hebrew