- Professional Experience:
Kesselman & Kesselman CPAs; chief consultant on accounting at Financial Immunities Ltd; expert witness and writer of expert opinions.
1983: Ph.D., School of Business Administration, Columbia University in the City of New York.
1983: M.Ph. School of Business Administration, Columbia University in the City of New York.
1980: C.P.A., licence.
1978: B.A., in economics and accounting, Bar-Ilan University.
- Subjects Taught:
financial accounting, accounting theory, and managerial accounting
- Research Interests:
political economics, taxation, agent theory, accounting.
1. B. Barlev and J. Tzur, "A General Model for Cost Estimation in an Exchange", Sage Open, January-March 2014: 1-13, DOI: 10.1177/2158244014526704.
2. A. Firstenberg and J. Tzur, "The Non-Observed Economy in Israel for the Period 1960-2004: Estimation and Development", Journal of Theoretical Accounting Research, 9(1), 2013, pp. 17-56.
3. J. Tzur and M. Ben-Horin, "A Note on the Present Value of a Loan”, Journal of Theoretical Accounting Research, 8(1), 2012, pp. 37-53.
4. J. Ronen, J. Tzur and V. Yaari, “Legal Insider Trading, CEO's Incentives, and Quality of Earnings,” Corporate Ownership and Control, 4 (3), 2007, pp. 210-219.
5. J. Ronen, J. Tzur and V. Yaari, "The Effect of Directors' Equity Incentives on Earnings Management," Journal of Accounting and Public Policy, 25 (4), 2006, pp. 359-389.