- Professional Experience:
Pedagogical consultant in industry and management, School for Practical Engineers; Director, Business Administration Division, College of management Haifa.
2009: Ph.D., in marketing, School of Business Administration, University of Haifa
1995: M.B.A., School of Business Administration, Hebrew University of Jerusalem
1992: B.A. magna cum laude, in economics, University of Haifa
- Subjects Taught:
Introduction to microeconomics, introduction to marketing management, brand management, advising final projects and seminars in marketing
- Research Interests:
Intergenerational influences on consumer behavior; impulsivity and compulsivity; consumer savings; influence of cultural differences on consumer behavior.
1. Gavish, Y. (2013), “Family Consumption Decisions – Literature Review and Extension: The Psycho-Social Case of Single-Mother Families and their Early Adolescent Daughters”, International Journal of Psychological Studies, Vol. 5 (4), pp. 26-37.
2. Segev, S., Shoham, A., & Gavish, Y. (2015), “A Closer Look into the Materialism Construct: The Antecedents and Consequences of Materialism and its three Facets”. Journal of Consumer Marketing, Vol. 32 (2), pp. 85-98.
3. Shoham, A., Gavish, Y., & Segev, S. (2014), “A Cross-Cultural Analysis of Impulsive and Compulsive Buying Behaviors among Israeli and USA Consumers: The Influence of Personal Traits and Cultural Values”, Journal of International Consumer Marketing, Vol. 27 (3), pp. 187-206.
4. Shoham, A., Gavish, Y., & Rose M. Gregory (2016), “Consequences of Consumer Animosity: A Meta-Analytic Integration”, Journal of International Consumer Marketing (Forthcoming).
5. Berger, R. & Gavish, Y. (2016), “A Gem in a Hostile World: An Evolutionary Analysis of the Diamonds Industry – The Case of the Israeli Diamond Industry”, International Journal of Strategic Change Management (Forthcoming).