YOU’RE INVITED TO THE INTERNATIONAL WIPO-ONO SEMINAR IN GENEVA, NOV. 26 – DEC. 1, 2017
The World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) and the Shalom Comparative Legal Research Center at Ono Academic College, headed by Prof. Shlomit Yanisky Ravid, invite you to a seminar on innovations in intellectual property law at WIPO in Geneva. The seminar will be held from November 26 to December 1, 2017. For those who register by Aug. 18, 2017, the seminar will cost only NIS 2980.
The seminar will be held at the WIPO in Geneva and the Swiss Center for Comparative Research in Lausanne, and feature leading experts in the field. In Lausanne, the Dean of the Ono Faculty of Law, Dr. Yuval Elbashan will honor the seminar with his participation.
- Part 1: 3 days at WIPO in Geneva, on innovations in international intellectual property law, intellectual property of employees, trademarks, copyrights, Internet law, including commercial aspects, conflict resolution, trademarks, patents , copyright and more.
- Part 2: 1 day at the Swiss Institute of Comparative Law in Lausanne, on the interface between religion and law in a multicultural society, at work, in society, and more.
- The seminar: November 26 to December 1, 2017 (8-13 Kislev 5778).
- Three mandatory preparatory sessions will be held on Sept. 19, Nov. 11 and Nov. 20, 2017.
- The first preparatory session, including explanations and interviews, will be held on Monday, August 21, 2017, from 17:30 to 22:00 in Auditorium 14, Kiryat Ono Campus, Ono Academic College.
The six day seminar includes:
- 3 study days at WIPO in downtown Geneva.
- 1 study day and visit to the Swiss Center for Comparative Research in Lausanne
- Comprehensive preparatory course.
- Advancing research on intellectual property law.
- Optional visits and tours to the offices of the United Nations and/or International Red Cross.
- Festive dinner, coffee breaks, tour of the old city of Geneva and more.
Cost of the Seminar
Until August 18, 2017, the cost of the seminar will be NIS 2980 (not including registration fee).
Flights and Rooms
Participants must arrange their flights and rooms independently.
It is currently possible to reserve flights on the Easy Jet site (easyjet.com) for $150. We recommend that you reserve soon before the prices go up.
- Full participation in three preparatory sessions at Ono Academic College is required.
- Participants in the seminar will be awarded 2-3 academic credits, as per the regulations.
To apply, send a letter of application and resume to:
- Ms. Judy Arad, Judy Arad, Director of Foreign Relations, Ono Academic College: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Prof. Shlomit Yanisky Ravid, director of the center, Ono Academic College: email@example.com
After receiving approval to registrar, it is necessary to register at Bursar’s office, Ono Academic College, 03-5311888.