B.A. IN LAND OF ISRAEL AND JERUSALEM STUDIES
Program head: Prof. Yosseph Shilhav
LAND OF ISRAEL AND JERUSALEM STUDIES: PEOPLE, SETTLEMENT, SOCIETY
Ono Academic College invites you, who loves the Land of Israel and Jerusalem to enroll in a fascinating program that will expand your horizons, and deepen your knowledge on a wide range of topics related to the Land of Israel and Jerusalem, ideas that shape landscapes, cities and towns.
The multi-disciplinary program includes the nature, archaeology and history of the Land of Israel and the city of Jerusalem with a view to current issues including geopolitics, the spatial aspects of security, rural and urban development processes, policy and planning, and mapping climate and weather.
The program incorporates comprehensive, up-to-date academic knowledge with experiential learning in the city and beyond its boundaries. Faculty members include experienced teachers and scholars, well-known experts in their fields; young lecturers and renowned professors who have taught at Israel's top universities. The course content, academic methodology and high quality faculty make this program a unique cultural and intellectual experience.
LAND OF ISRAEL AND JERUSALEM STUDIES: CAREER TRACK
Graduates with a B.A. in Land of Israel and Jerusalem Studies are skilled in the spatial understanding of how the region and city developed out of many varied factors. This professional competence qualifies them for many positions related people and geography, from demography to organizational and physical planning. Graduates can supplement their studies with a teaching certificate in Land of Israel Studies and Geography, and teach these subjects in Israeli secondary schools.
B.A. IN LAND OF ISRAEL AND JERUSALEM STUDIES: CONTENT
- 1st year: Introductions to the scientific foundations of Land of Israel and Jerusalem Studies, including archaeology, geography, etc.
- 2nd year: In-depth study of core subjects related to the Land of Israel and Jerusalem
- 3rd year: Focused electives in subjects within the field (the development of specific subspecialties is dependent on registration)
Many varied field trips are included in the Land of Israel and Jerusalem Studies program.
In addition to frontal lectures, the curriculum includes many short outings and regional tours:
- Short outings are an inseparable part of a particular class, and are held during an extended class day.
- Regional tours integrate a range of subjects covered in several courses. These tours are three days long, and are held during semester breaks.