M.A. IN ORGANIZATIONAL CONSULTING TO EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTIONS
FROM EDUCATIONAL MANAGEMENT TO PROFESSIONAL MANAGEMENT
Now that Israeli schools have transitioned to a system of independent management, many principals are encountering previously unfamiliar managerial issues including organizational management, marketing, budgeting, information systems and more.
Educational skills are no longer sufficient for success. A principal must have the knowledge and abilities of a professional manager. Directors of informal education organizations and nonprofits also need knowledge, support and advice to help their organization succeed, in accordance with its particular values.
M.A. IN ORGANIZATIONAL CONSULTING* WITH UNIQUE MANAGERIAL TRAINING
The Ono Academic College program in Organizational Consulting for Educational Institutions trains graduates of our School of Education for a wide variety of positions as organizational consultants to formal and informal education institutions, and similar social institutions.
An understanding of the dynamics of these systems and the ability to lead processes to improve their efficiency are critical resources for key personnel and consultants working in the educational and social arena.
THE TOOLBOX WE OFFER
Students studying for an M.A. in Organizational Consultation acquire many skills that allow them to successfully integrate into formal and informal educational institutions, and similar social institutions in managerial, training, organizational consultation and organizational development roles.
Students learn to analyze and understand organizations, organizational behavior and organizational processes.
Focus on educational institutions:
- Familiarity with the structure and environment in which educational institutions operate.
- Understanding the unique missions of educational systems.
- Familiarity with the roles filled by staff members, the challenges they face, and the issues on which a consultant can help them meet those challenges successfully and improve their effectiveness.
This program is intended for principals and managers in formal and informal educational institutions in all religious and cultural sectors. It provides the environment, tools, conditions and abilities needed to change the direction and mood in Israel.
Six consecutive trimesters (18 months)
- Fundamentals of the Consultation Interview
- Psychology of Personality, Development and Learning
- Introduction to Organizational Behavior
- Introduction to Marketing
- Marketing Strategies for Services
- Management of Educational and Social Services: Principles and Concepts
- Introduction to Consulting to Educational Systems
- Systemic Approach to Organizational Behavior
- Introduction to Micro and Macroeconomics
- Negotiating Skills
- Leadership and Management
- Introduction to Accounting
- Constructing a Strategic Plan
- Organizational Diagnosis
- Managing Human Resources and Managing Difference
- Qualitative Research
- Financial Aspects of Management
- Consultation in a Multicultural Society
- Practicum (seminar) in Organizational Consultation
- Practicum (seminar) in Educational Consultation
- Organizational Change
- Ethics and Social Responsibility
- The Consultant and Business Entrepreneurship
- Introduction to Group Processes and Group Development
- Fundamentals of Consultation and Intervention
- Practicum and Collegial Group – Part 1
- Practicum in Organizational Consultation for Educational and Social Institutions
- Moderating Groups in Educational and Social Organizations
- Seminar on Youth Violence
- Seminar on Consultation and Gender in Educational and Social Organizations
- Consultation at Career Junctions
- Cognitive Approaches to Consultation
- Group Moderation
- Practical Consultation and Intervention
- Practicum and Collegial Group – Part 2
- Seminar in Consultation to Organizations Working with Adolescents
- Consultation and Intervention in the Relationship between the Family System, and the Social and Educational Systems
- Training Teachers to Work with Students with Special Needs
- Cognitive Approaches to Consultation
- Psychodrama in Consultation
- Prof. Tova Hartman
- Prof. Yoav Ginzach
- Prof. David Gilo
- Prof. Yehuda Bar Shalom
- Dr. Sigal Oppenheim
- Dr. Eli Holzer
- Dr. Hillel Abraham Rachel
- Dr. Amos Israel-Vleeschhouwer
- Dr. Relli Tahon
- Dr. Erez Yacobi
- Dr. Nirit Lifshitz
- Dr. Eyal Maoz
- Dr. Boaz Shalit
- Dr. Galit Shamir Eilam
- Dr. Idit Finkelstein
- Dr. Sharbel Shoukair
- Dr. Gil Avnimelech
- Ms. Hadas Shoshani
- Ms. Hagit Lacker
- Ms. Efrat Agmon
* Granting the degree is conditional on approval by the Council for Higher Education. The program offers a full “safety net,” an M.B.A. from Ono Academic College.